R: [datascience] Empirical Macroeconomics and DSGE Modeling in Statistical Perspective

Cronologico Percorso di conversazione
  • From: "Gianluca Cubadda" < >
  • To: "'Alessandro Casini'" < >, < >, "'Pasquale Scaramozzino'" < >
  • Subject: R: [datascience] Empirical Macroeconomics and DSGE Modeling in Statistical Perspective
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2023 14:34:46 +0100

Hi Alessandro,

please have a look at the paper by Soren Johansen that I mentioned in my reply to Pasquale.

Shortly, Soren argues that it is fundamentally wrong to use ML methods when the statistical model is not a credible (and testable) representation of the (statistical) data generating process. If one takes this point, then the problem with DSGEs is even more serious than weak identification…

Ciao,

Gianluca