[mesci_xxi_students] Uganda Volontariato

Cronologico Percorso di conversazione
  • From: Olga Raduchych < >
  • To: " " < >, " " < >
  • Subject: [mesci_xxi_students] Uganda Volontariato
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2024 12:01:43 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Dear students and former students,

I have a pleasure to share with you a very important initiative where our current student Cecilia De Mari is involved. Please read below the message Cecilia is addressing to our network and in case you are interested let us know at your earliest convenience.

All the best,

Olga

Olga Raduchych

signature_3545410550

Program Coordinator

Master in Development Economics

and International Cooperation

University of Rome “Tor Vergata”

Via Columbia 2 - 00133 Roma

e-mail:  " target="_blank" title="mailto: ">

tel.: +39 06 7259 56 37

Hello everyone!

For those who do not know who I am, my name is Cecilia, I am 26 years old and I am a student of the MESCI MASTER here in Tor Vergata. I am writing this e-mail  because I wanted to share with you a special project in which I had the opportunity to participate last summer (July 2023) and, in which I take part also this year! On February 10th 2024 I will be in Uganda with this organisation named AFRON ( http://www.afron.org/it/home ). Born in 2010, its main objective is to fight cancer in women and children through training, awareness-raising, prevention and treatment of cancer.

Among the incredible projects it carries out, it organises every year a party (#SmilingToy Project) for children with cancer and HIV admitted to the pediatric oncology department of Lacor Hospital in Gulu (northern Uganda). On this day of celebration and great joy, children receives toys, teaching materials and are entertained with different activities: animation, balloons, performances, songs, dances and finally a rich snack. This year the party will be held on February 15th to celebrate the World Day against Childhood Cancer promoted globally, to reaffirm the right of children to access cancer therapies.

It’s a really incredible project; words are not enough to describe the emotions that you feel on that day! This is the reason why, I am writing to you, because I need your help! I personally take care of both the collection of toys (new, which need neither batteries nor instructions) such as markers, the memory game, Lego Duplò, didò, cars, farm animals and so on, and the collection of 10 euros (cash) that are instead used to buy  the “Bibi”, rag dolls for the girls of the hospital (they are bought directly on the territory to support the local market).

I wanted to share it with you because it is a project in which I really believe having lived it in the field. The more we are the better it is, so feel free to share it with your friends and parents, as there is time until the end of January beginning of February to collect everything.

Thanks in advance to those who will help me!

  • [mesci_xxi_students] Uganda Volontariato, Olga Raduchych

Archivio con motore MhonArc 2.6.16.

§